BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about to buy the bits I need to do the rear brake pads and discs.

The manual says I must replace the brake pad sensors, is that correct? Do they need to be replaced every time? Also I wanted the fitting kit but there are 2 choices available, does anyone know what I need? Its a 2010 BMW 320D ED

Choices are :

Brake System : ATE-Without Reinforced Brakes

or

Brake System : Teves-With Reinforced Brakes

Reason I am asking is because the brake pads show as Brake System : Teves but they aren't reinforced.

·
Registered
2011 e93 320d
17 Posts
I have the same car as you and when I very carefully took my sensor off, the clip broke. I had to put the wheel on in order to drive to the Auto part shop for a $26 part and then take the wheel off again to fit it. As I was replacing the wheel for the last time, I made a mental note to myself that I would always replace the sensors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am just about to buy the bits I need to do the rear brake pads and discs.

The manual says I must replace the brake pad sensors, is that correct? Do they need to be replaced every time? Also I wanted the fitting kit but there are 2 choices available, does anyone know what I need? Its a 2010 BMW 320D ED

Choices are :

Brake System : ATE-Without Reinforced Brakes

or

Brake System : Teves-With Reinforced Brakes

Reason I am asking is because the brake pads show as Brake System : Teves but they aren't reinforced.
Id buy the sensor, you can always return it if not needed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
At the risk of being branded a heretic.......if you don't WANT them and can live without them, like in the old days, you can get rid of them. Just use an old sensor cable....cut off the sensor and cable right back at the plug....short out the 2 wires...clip plug back into the socket. Reset the system in the usual way if required.
Make your own decisions on whether you want to do it but, technically, it works.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
my brakes fitted last monday,,,also took a fuel filter which i bought and had new brake fluid change which they supplied ..also new wear sensors which they supplied,£140 i was charged by the bmw indy i use,,great price from ex bmw tech me thinks...love the ebc black oxide/grey iron discs with red stuff pads,,rhe 2 piece bell looks really nice very dark grey oxide etc..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts