BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have seen a lot of posts about peeling off of the hard plastic parts, but my problem is different. Mine is peeling of a soft-touch coating on the softer parts of the steering wheel itself. You can see this in the picture attached.

I really like the matt look and the feel with the coating, but over time it has come off relatively quickly. Any suggestions on what it is or how easy it is to reapply?

Thanks,

R

Wheel Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way.
But i have seen a post on here where they cleaned the wheel and it looked like new after but started out looking like your picture.
I think they used the green scouring side of one of those foam washing up pads.
Can't remember but somebody might just remember and tell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alan, much appreciated... If I rub it with my thumb it more or less comes off, so I think I can (and probably should)... I just really liked the finish, but to be honest - it looks like even if I reapply I will need to do that again and again!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks Alan, much appreciated... If I rub it with my thumb it more or less comes off, so I think I can (and probably should)... I just really liked the finish, but to be honest - it looks like even if I reapply I will need to do that again and again!
hi buddy,

this has been happening to a lot of cars, more so over the last 18 months. The abrasives and alcohol in hand sanitizers play havoc with car interior parts.

·
Registered
2013 BMW estoril blue f30 330d
909 Posts
Hi all,

I have seen a lot of posts about peeling off of the hard plastic parts, but my problem is different. Mine is peeling of a soft-touch coating on the softer parts of the steering wheel itself. You can see this in the picture attached.

I really like the matt look and the feel with the coating, but over time it has come off relatively quickly. Any suggestions on what it is or how easy it is to reapply?

Thanks,

R

View attachment 275968
You can get a cover to cover it up to tidy up to make your interior look abit better for the mean time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts