BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aternoon chaps,

Fear not this is not a thread about electric superchargers or any such crap.

I just bought one of the infamous haha Dave F induction kits off of eBay.

Ive got two questions though!

I paid 90 quid for it and it is as new and postage was free? did I pay over the odds? it had only just been put up and i excitedly clicked the buy it now button before anyone else could:sarcastic

Secondly, will i get any improvement in fuel consumption- i understand it will increase air flow and therefore give a tiny bit more power but will the ecu just over compensate and dump a load more fuel in and the MPG go dow or the reverse and it will go up?

Who has one and can answer the above

Thanks
James

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
if it's as new then £90 is a good price for a proper Dave F induction kit..

there was recently a group buy for Dave F inductions kits on here and they were significantly more than £90 each!

If you drive the same (which you probably won't because of the noise / placebo effect) then MPG should remain about the same..

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope it was on eBay buddy.

EDIT

Looks like the same person so i think the answer is yes

·
Registered
354 Posts
yes gents i am the seller and will confirm it is good as new needs a clean but i will do so before packaging and sending, yes postage is free cos i included it in that price.

and yes again just checked it good as new slight mark on the outside of the shield where its rubbed and i do mean slight other than that intact nothing falling off no seam coming away pleats of the filter are nice and straight.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes gents i am the seller and will confirm it is good as new needs a clean but i will do so before packaging and sending, yes postage is free cos i included it in that price.

and yes again just checked it good as new slight mark on the outside of the shield where its rubbed and i do mean slight other than that intact nothing falling off no seam coming away pleats of the filter are nice and straight.
great thanks very much!

James

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
ps they look just like a k&n, i personally avoid induction kits as they are magnets for hot air!, i think i would only be happy with a replacement filter!, but thats me, if they are trouble free then i suppose you have a good deal?

·
Registered
701 Posts
ps they look just like a k&n, i personally avoid induction kits as they are magnets for hot air!, i think i would only be happy with a replacement filter!, but thats me, if they are trouble free then i suppose you have a good deal?

Hence the heat shield...

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
dave f induction kits are massive k&n filters with a custom made heatshield... perfectly teamed up to give some of the best results around for an induction kit

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
My Dave f k&n filter is all crumpled and appears as if the engine is trying to suck it inside out!!

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My Dave f k&n filter is all crumpled and appears as if the engine is trying to suck it inside out!!
Would that be a thumbs down for it then? Previous K&Ns Ive had ive been happy with, only really noticed sharper throttle response on a VR6 Golf I used to own tbh

Either way ill give it a go and see how it goes

1 - 20 of 35 Posts