BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know my car . Its a 318is with full M3 kit . I found out recently it was involved in an insurance write off claim and there is no v? certificate issued for it.
As most of you guys are from down south which is where i bought it from i hoped maybe one of you knew it or had owned it in the past . I assume it was put back together by an enthusiast .

·
Registered
89 Posts
i'm sorry but isnt that like finding a Needle in a hay stack??thats 20x bigger than you have ever seen ??

good luck to you if you find it as some people say its a small world

·
Banned
478 Posts
Anyone know my car . Its a 318is with full M3 kit . I found out recently it was involved in an insurance write off claim and there is no v? certificate issued for it.
As most of you guys are from down south which is where i bought it from i hoped maybe one of you knew it or had owned it in the past . I assume it was put back together by an enthusiast .
Down south?? Thats basically the whole country from where you live is'nt it??:hihi

not going to be easy to find chap, even if the person who smashed it up was here, i doubt they'd own up. What catagory write off was it?

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
It cant have been that badly damaged as it would have been crushed!!!

Cat D or Cat C...and its very easy to write off an E36 nowadays as they would quote for 2 new wings and a bonnet for example, and it would be close to the value of the car with OEM parts and labour..

I havent seen your car but hopefully someone will be able to help you mate.
Have you contacted the person you bought it from?

DVLA?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh guys , kinda figured it may be a longshot , but also worth a try. I have some wheel issues at the moment and some clarification on the type of damage would answer a few questions.

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Yeh guys , kinda figured it may be a longshot , but also worth a try. I have some wheel issues at the moment and some clarification on the type of damage would answer a few questions.
Hmm.
I would suggest you get a 4 wheel alignment by a decent garage and see what they say.
They will have all the factory specs of the chassis and will be able to tell you exactly if any suspension areas will not true up (or are bent)

Costs about £60 iirc but thats provided all the bolts are rust free and can be undone by them so you will want to check this (track rod ends etc) and free them up first.

·
BFuk Moderator
244 Posts
are the wheel issues a vibration by any chance? make sure the wheels are designed for 72.5mm hubcentric application, or have hubcentric rings to suit fitted, this is most common cause of vibrations in BMW's (apart from battery operated devices in womens handbags :silly)

·
Banned
478 Posts
are the wheel issues a vibration by any chance? make sure the wheels are designed for 72.5mm hubcentric application, or have hubcentric rings to suit fitted, this is most common cause of vibrations in BMW's (apart from battery operated devices in womens handbags :silly)
Yeah i hate it when my missus takes her elecric toothbrush everywhere we go....:hihi

·
Registered
294 Posts

If its a CAT D write off it doesn't need a VIC test and that might be why you havent got one with it mate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
amazing to see this post!!!!

I brought this car in 2009 December,

It had full history of the crash with it, a massive folder came with this thing!

The car was a CAT C and was a very bad accident, it was repaired by BMW and has been all over the UK, I was the 13th owner! haha

Sadly, the car caught fire on my drive after 18 months of owning it,

It was scrapped and I still have this Reg, haha, hence how I found this thread, just typed my reg into google and this came up!

Anyways, theres an update for you haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts