BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I went to a show the week end that had a strip so I took part and ran my car I was getting 14.4 at 104.6 miles an hr on lauching I had a lot of wheel spin snaking up the track I think a lot of that was due to the track being a bit dusty aparently that cleared up as the week end went on. My concern is from my second run I began to get a sliping cluch by the third it copletely slowed me down and I thought id fryed it :lol. Luckly its ok for road use but if I want to do a rwyb again I dont want to have the same problem any advise on a better clutch or any thing else of interest???

Cheers Darren

·
Registered
7 Posts
look into getting a black diamond clutch-they do uprated ones for the E36 there are probably others too but thats one that I know about

·
Registered
788 Posts
maybe a competition paddle clutch
but to be honest thats why road cars stay on the road and people build track cars you can,t expect the same car to do both nice times though and top speed not many cars break 100mph.

·
Registered
701 Posts
just fit a standard clutch, i have done many 1/4 miles in different cars and never fried a clutch, so long as your not dumping the clutch when the lights go green you should be fine.
those paddle clutches can be a pain to live with everyday. and i supose most of the time your going to be driving on the road.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys, I agree kev the everyday use ability is what I need to keep so as steve said a comp clutch isnt a great idea, to be honest my cluch didnt feel great before I raced it was quite low down and a bit like a switch since the week ends over heating of it, it actually feels like a ok normal clutch again weird??
I want to upgrade it a bit but keep the usability any ideas??
Also I for got to say before my mates got an evo 5 thats had a remap and loads of other stuff done and there was nothing in our times hehe also spanked a skyline both of those cars looked very showy and made loads of noises and stuff.
I went against a M3 E46 he beat me by about half a second so all in all I was quite pleased just think I could get in to the 13s with a bit of practise and a better clutch!!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
i rekon an OEM clutch could do just fine. yours might be on its last days, and especially if you didn't totally release it when taking off, you might've just overheated it, therefore the slipping. after it cooled down, it came back to its senses, but only for daily driving. mine was doing the same thing, but never had a problem again after replacing it, and i had plenty of drags and burn-outs done with it. so replacing it with a brand new oem one could be the solution imo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts