BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How easy would it be easy to remove the model number decal at the back? Would the paint look different after that? On some cars it's an option as model number deletion but i'm saying on cars that have the model number.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Not sure if they use different methods to apply the badges these days, but doubt they do. When I debadged my old M5 several years ago, I used a screwdriver wrapped in cloth. Once under the corner of the badge, iyt just peeled off without much hassle.

The only trouble bit if that it was stuck on using some black rubbery type adhesive. This I had to keep rubbing away at bit by bit until it all came off, using hot water.

Once all the black residue was off, a quick wash of the area and polish up the paint looked spot on where the badge was originally.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i didnt even do that, used a screw driver and pried it of, then used a really sharp wood chiesel to get the sticky stuff of, gave it a really good clean and then tcut all around the area, i went out by around 2 inhes past where the badge went and you couldnt tell at all it had one, just be carefull and confident

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just heat mine up a bit with a hairdryer then slipped a credit card behind it to get it off.. No risk of scratching it then cos it's not sharp.. Then just polish the area! ... Doubt it would be dis coloured at all.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
I used hot water, credit card and then petrol to fetch the residue adhesive off.

This was on my e46 325i some years ago. I then replaced the badge with a 330i one .... Did it to wind up my colleagues at work as we were at the time limited to 2.5 litres, worked a treat.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I always think BMW's look better de-badged. That said the tail pipe is always a giveaway to those in the know... If I had a 316 I'd definitely take the badge off though...!!! Ha ha ha

CL.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always think BMW's look better de-badged. That said the tail pipe is always a giveaway to those in the know... If I had a 316 I'd definitely take the badge off though...!!! Ha ha ha

CL.
Well that's just it, boss has a 320d :) I'm thinking of a 330/5 or 530/5 diesel or petrol models. Don't think he'll understand the dual tailpipe, or maybe I'll just lie!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for a useful post Whelmed!!
I was wanting to de-badge my car for while and you helped me get it done.
Little hot water, credit card and some turtle wax did the job.

:thumbsup:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.