BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Howdee all!

Yesterday picked up my first BMW - a 640d, and i haven't stopped grinning since! 馃榿馃榿馃榿

I want to wire in a dashcam long term, but in the mean time i'm connecting to the 12v cigarette socket. The issue i have is, when i turn off the engine, the camera still seems to draw power from the socket, which makes me think i may wake up with a flat battery.

Anyone?

Any pointers on wiring in a camera permanently?

cheers

Mark

Registered
i jhave one fitted to glove box lighter socket.was in when i bought the car,it turns offf after a few mins after locking car,,check to see if yours does after you have locked the car

Registered
2013 BMW estoril blue f30 330d
Howdee all!

Yesterday picked up my first BMW - a 640d, and i haven't stopped grinning since! 馃榿馃榿馃榿

I want to wire in a dashcam long term, but in the mean time i'm connecting to the 12v cigarette socket. The issue i have is, when i turn off the engine, the camera still seems to draw power from the socket, which makes me think i may wake up with a flat battery.

Anyone?

Any pointers on wiring in a camera permanently?

cheers

Mark
My dash cam is plugged into the lighter socket under my glove box and it has never killed my battery. Last car, e90, I鈥檝e hard wired it into my fuse box to where the fuse for the lighter socket is. No problems with the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts