BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Hoping this is just a stupid question and someone can tell me what I'm missing, but it my last BMW I had a USB port in the glove box for my dash cam, but in my new one there isnt one I can see? :/ the only USB port I can see is in the centre arm console now... anyone know what's best/if there is one for the front of the car for a dash cam?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
You don’t say what model but some newer cars have a socket tucked up in the passenger footwell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 BMW estoril blue f30 330d
225 Posts
Hi guys,

Hoping this is just a stupid question and someone can tell me what I'm missing, but it my last BMW I had a USB port in the glove box for my dash cam, but in my new one there isnt one I can see? :/ the only USB port I can see is in the centre arm console now... anyone know what's best/if there is one for the front of the car for a dash cam?

Thanks!
Alternatively you can buy a hard wiring kit so you can wire it straight into your fuse box behind the glove box without showing any wires

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank goodness for the internet sometimes! I was thinking my first post after the intro was going to be asking about dash cam power but T16TOM has beaten me to it. And, thanks to the crofter, lo and behold mine has the socket present. I'd just like someone to confirm this 'powers off' some minutes after full locking - it appears that is what's happening.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank goodness for the internet sometimes! I was thinking my first post after the intro was going to be asking about dash cam power but T16TOM has beaten me to it. And, thanks to the crofter, lo and behold mine has the socket present. I'd just like someone to confirm this 'powers off' some minutes after full locking - it appears that is what's happening.
Yes it does - after about 5 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts