BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I give in. Need a cupholder in my 2004 UK 645.
How is this achieved without spending fifty quid on a plastic moulding from ebay?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm surprised BMW didn't use the slot style built into the dash cup holders like the 5 series e60.

My 630 came with the optional cup holder that slots into the transmission tunnel, the previous owner opted to have it when new for £80...!!!!

So £50 is probably the cheapest way unless you hook something DIY on the dash?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I gave up on this. The original is horrendously expensive to retrofit. The eBay ones that screw to the door card leave marks.

Now what I do is buy bottles with screw caps and do t drink hot drinks.

I've got that stupid phone thing in the glovebox as well so can't even wedge a can in that.

If you do find something please post up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I made an insert to hold two coke cans that I was able to mount into the rear console/divider. It was a tight squeeze though.

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
I had these in a Saab a long time ago. There are ok but the screws are aggressive and I had to put card behind them in the door pockets. The other problem is they are in the way when you get in and out.

I wouldn't do it again.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I simply did this:

Ignore the mess of cables! It was about £8 on eBay a couple of years ago. Doesn't get in the way, even for the passenger, folds up, takes a proper size takeaway coffee, etc. Sometimes the best solutions are the simplest and cheapest :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Bloody hell, they're silly cheap now!

Make sure you do screw them in and don't try using double-sided 3M tape, it won't end well... /VOE

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bloody hell, they're silly cheap now!

Make sure you do screw them in and don't try using double-sided 3M tape, it won't end well... /VOE
Don't worry, I'll be doing a proper job just like yours. This is a USB charger I installed a few months ago.

DSC00296 R.jpg

·
Registered
196 Posts
Seems like that's a pretty popular place to fit things :)

I could do with one of those there too, did you tap off existing cables or run a new one?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I tapped off the cigarette lighter cables. The fitting I used is quite deep but there's plenty of room behind the console in that area.

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I get mine I'm planning on trying my hot glue gun to mount them to the sides of the centre console. I've had good success with this method in the past.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i fitted one of the original cup holders in mine without the mounting bracket just drilled the whole and glued and screwed from inside the ashtray side

1 - 20 of 21 Posts