BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased an 2019 4 series. I’m not good with reverse parking into bays.. Never tried the park assist feature until I realised I had one in the car and been watching YouTube videos for ages on how to do it.

so thought I’d give it a go in a Tesco car park... so the procedure began and as it told me to go forward the car was still reversing itself and I hit the breaks pretty hard.. at this point me and my friend thought we’ve smacked into the car I was suppose to be parking next to, I panicked thinking I’ve hit it, so I’ve drove off and parked myself into a easier bay. Checked the back of my car, expecting the worse but nothing and then walked towards the car I thought I had and again nothing, it was a bright red car so I thought surely it would have scraped it if I did actually hit and on top of the that I have a lot stuff in my boot including footballs and I think when I hit the break hard everything just fell and made the sound making me thinking I hit the car.

Anyway my question is can these auto park or park assist features crash into other parked car because I’ll be honest I’m scared to try it again after that experience. Also I noticed on the YouTube vids I watch before you do it it gives you a disclaimer however I don’t get a disclaimer.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Get a few cones for a virtual garage/bay and try again in a deserted area to get some confidence in the system.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Rarely use the auto park on my G20 although the new systems apparently have auto emergency braking so if it gets too close it will stop... still don’t trust it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts