BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, new to the forum so hoping you can help. so having an usual problem with my 56 plate 1 series 118 e87 petrol.

Background:

1) Car would not start, all the light would come on as you would expect but just would not start as you press the button.

2) I then tried banging the starter motor and the car started up and worked for a few days, but then it wouldnt start again. So yes I thought it is starter.

3) After this though I checked my battery to be sure as it was at 11.57v as the car hasn't had much use , so to start small I changed the battery and registered it and as you do and got 12.7v.

4) After this I tried starting it again with new battery but no luck, but thought let's try hitting starter. So now the car cranks but does not start, but has done this on each attempt but don't want to depleat the new battery.

5) I have scanned the car and it came up with below codes (see pic) which seems to point to a starter issues and also a DME issue and I'm unsure if it is the starter or something deeper?

Ps these codes where here before and after battery change.

Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
You could try clearing the fault codes and disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes.
Plus fix the starter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could try clearing the fault codes and disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes.
Plus fix the starter.
Hey pal, appreciate response. I did try clearing the fault codes and those keep returning and the battery was changed for new so technically. Discconect ed. Yeah I could change the starter but trying to diagnose properly and I'm just throwing parts.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Worth trying the disconnect as if the terminal was jiggled about when fitting on/off/on sort of thing it might have caused a fault.
Hope you get what i am saying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Worth trying the disconnect as if the terminal was jiggled about when fitting on/off/on sort of thing it might have caused a fault.
Hope you get what i am saying.
Probably going to try to clean all the connections of the wiring to ensure a good connection. Do you have any ideas of where the ground is in the engine bay?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts