BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I have a 2005 330CD with the business CD head unit and the speakers (all of them) crackle horribly when playing a CD (no changer) or when a call comes in on bluetooth.

Strangely the radio is perfect and as soon as I answer a call that's fine too.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Not sure, but the first thing I'd try would be removing the radio and making sure that the wiring harness is properly and securely plugged into the back of it. They push on and then have a folding clip mechanism to secure them - it is possible that it all gets a bit out of alignment so it's pushed on but not then properly secured - it therefore works, but not very well (ie poor sound quality or low volume).

Cleaning the CD read lens would be another potentially easy diagnostic step.

It's odd, however, that the radio works fine but the CD doesn't so I suspect I'd ultimately be on the Bay looking for a replacement head unit but no harm in trying the cheap stuff first.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I agree, it is odd the fact that the it's the CD and "ringing" noise when in incoming call comes in which is badly affected but the radio and "in call" audio is fine.

I'll have a look behind the head unit tomorrow and update 👍

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update - having removed the stereo I found a small plug at the bottom outside corner of the multi plug had come adrift - I'm guessing it was loose before and removing the unit finally pulled it free. I have put it back in and the problem is resolved, so thanks for the help.

The only issue I have now is that when I prised up the plastic clip to remove the multi plug from the back of the unit it came off the plug and I can't for the life of me work out how to get it back onto the sliders.

Any ideas / YouTube links?

If I could work out how to post photos on here from my phone I'd add some...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts