BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,

Couple of things I need you to help me with.

1. I have a 320cd se 150bhp 2003 (DEC 53 reg) model. Should I remove swirl flaps or not? Aren't they there for a reason? If so is it something garages will do?

2. I have a small patch forming on my driveway and i'm not sure what it is. What seems like diesel (I think/ or poss oil but blue/clear in colour) occasionally drips from the underside of the car. The exact area it drips is dead centre of the car (width ways), and in the line of the rear wheels (approx 3/4 from the front of car.) Any suggestions what this could be.

Many thanks in advance

Kenny

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have a small patch forming on my driveway and i'm not sure what it is. What seems like diesel (I think/ or poss oil but blue/clear in colour) occasionally drips from the underside of the car. The exact area it drips is dead centre of the car (width ways), and in the line of the rear wheels (approx 3/4 from the front of car.) Any suggestions what this could be.
diff oil at a guess, try and see if it coming from the diff housing at the prop shaft area

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
The swirl flaps are there to improve torque at low revs, but owners have removed theirs and felt no difference.

As for should you remove them, I'd say for piece of mind yes, or get another new manifold fitted. Unfortunately even the modified inlet manifolds with bigger shaft has been known to fail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.