BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing to do with the BMW, I'm looking at getting my second car resprayed, so was wondering if anyone in the know could give me a rough price.

Its an old VW Beetle, two options, either a blow over of the original colour or a total respray in a different colour.

Thanks
Mike

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
I was quoted £3500 for a full colour change all door shuts, basically everthing apart from under the engine. this was for a E36 coupe... just to give you some idea, but best thing would be to ring around bodyshops.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I got a quote of £1700 the other day for a blow over of my e36.
That was based on no rust removal or repairs, just a blow over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nothing to do with the BMW, I'm looking at getting my second car resprayed, so was wondering if anyone in the know could give me a rough price.

Its an old VW Beetle, two options, either a blow over of the original colour or a total respray in a different colour.

Thanks
Mike
How about a vinyl wrap if your bodywork's in good nick, could save you a few quid compared to a full respay ;)
or give Spawn a shout on E46zone, he has a bodyshop, his price should be realistic.
J.

·
Registered
218 Posts
dont vinyl wraps peel after about 5 years? ive read that somewhere im sure, they do look mint tho! i always think if the stone chips tho! and cleaning it etc.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest the bodywork is rust free but the paint quality on top is dreadful!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I got a quote of £1700 the other day for a blow over of my e36.
That was based on no rust removal or repairs, just a blow over.
Can't believe they have the cheek to ask for money and take no pride in their work :eek

Depending on the finish you could pay anything from £500-£5000 but with the beetle being small and easy to paint i'd say around £1500 for a decent job. Any shops offering less than 1500 make sure you see their work before hand..

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
Can't believe they have the cheek to ask for money and take no pride in their work :eek

Depending on the finish you could pay anything from £500-£5000 but with the beetle being small and easy to paint i'd say around £1500 for a decent job. Any shops offering less than 1500 make sure you see their work before hand..
Exactly, you get what you pay for mate :thumbsup

·
BFuk Mankini Crew Member #1
1,885 Posts
I know a lad who owns a spray shop and said he would do my full car for me for 800 Inc rust removal but I know them well generally would be 1500-2000 they do a really good job! Also they do small bits for the price of paint for me if I can leave whatever it is with them so they can do it in there spare time

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, only downside is I was thinking of going for a metallic colour, so that would rocket the price I'm guessing

·
Registered
1,824 Posts

:hihi
I meant that the car doesn't need any rust or damage repairing, if it did they would do it but the cost would go up. This is from a pretty repuatable bodyshop and after a long chat with the guy (who owns an e36 328i sport touring) I would trust them to do a good job.

·
Registered
781 Posts
My current project is £6k for a full prep and paint of a bare shell including underneath, inside, engine bay etc.

Some of the estimates I had before it started were as high as £8000 and this is for a rust free shell that had been acid dipped and e-coated and needed no further steel work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts