BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being the cook of the household i do the food shopping and stuff, and today i really noticed the price of food going up for some reason..

a good gauge to start with is coca cola now do a 4 pack which ive never seen before but the price is the same as an old 6 pack..:eek

the old tinned truncheon meat as i call it has gone up nearly 50p in 12 months.:eek

tinned soups an average of 12-15p

pack of butter gone up on average 20p

frightening....

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I know what you mean DD.

We usually shop at Asda but since weve moved house the mrs gets certain things from Farmfoods after Asda as well, like a 4 pinter of milk for a quid, couple of other things but cant remember.

She has always said Tescos dearer the Asda as well

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
You want to see the costs of raw materials coming through on food DD.

Butter £3800/ton, last year £2700/ton. In fact all dairy up.

Same across the board on everything, no signs of letting up either. Fruit crops in Eastern Europe up 30% due to poor yields, watch that come through in your jams and yogurts.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
That's why the likes of Aldi, Lidl, Iceland are making a bumper profit :hihi
Not so, Aldi will never disclose profits for the division the UK reports into, their market share has taken a battering, Lidl having a tough time too.

The supermarkets make lots of cash, but thats by the sheer volume of sales, their margins are single figures, and that's driven by services, non-foods, etc. There ain't no money in food, believe me, it's a bloodbath out there.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Not so, Aldi will never disclose profits for the division the UK reports into, their market share has taken a battering, Lidl having a tough time too.

The supermarkets make lots of cash, but thats by the sheer volume of sales, their margins are single figures, and that's driven by services, non-foods, etc. There ain't no money in food, believe me, it's a bloodbath out there.
" its a bloodbath out there " :hihi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts