BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

141 - 160 of 194 Posts

·
Administrator
4,203 Posts
Must admit it’s difficult to resist allowing your speed to rise a little due to these quiet roads.150 mph might be taking it a little to the extreme.

I was sorely tempted to extend my drive home the other day to take in one of my favourite roads in the sun. I resisted in the end as I thought the risk of having an accident and creating a burden to the emergency services, no matter how small, was irresponsible.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I’ve been delivering supplies to my grandparents and it’s not the same enjoyable drive as you have to be aware that any mistakes you make are taking valuable resources from the NHS. Also the selfish people who are still not sticking to social distancing need to have a look at themselves, dropping supplies at family members doors and not being able to go in is so frustrating.
I will be saving my enjoyable drives for once this is all over!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,203 Posts
I’m quite enjoying lockdown. No traffic when you have to go somewhere, and getting out on my bike on deserted roads twice a week. Good coffee at home and a great hifi to listen to music whilst I work.

I cut my hair the other day, decided to shave it as short as possible. It was a bit severe and my new job insists on video calls. Oops.

Trying to look after my kids, and home school whilst working is horrible mind!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
"Hair by Wahl" has been my look for many years so no change there but my lad is home from uni...

"Haircut was how much? - I could buy new clippers for that!"
"you could have a Lionel Blair cut like mine!"

...and has finally relented to my offer to do his too.... only this weeks shopping list included a bleach blond kit :unsure::eek: kids eh?

:LOL:

·
Administrator
4,203 Posts
I’ve used a wahl for years too. I’m lazy so usually go for a grade 2 and will cut it after about 3 months when’s it pretty long. Currently rocking a 0.5 on its shortest setting.

There’s a good place for about £5 up the road that I sometimes go to, but usually I can’t be bothered to wait and do it myself.

·
Forum Chatbot
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
I’ve used a wahl for years too. I’m lazy so usually go for a grade 2 and will cut it after about 3 months when’s it pretty long. Currently rocking a 0.5 on its shortest setting.

There’s a good place for about £5 up the road that I sometimes go to, but usually I can’t be bothered to wait and do it myself.
I'd have thought hair salons would be shut.

I have a pair of clippers myself but not sure i want to risk messing it up.

·
Forum Chatbot
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Hey actually I did do around my ears some weeks ago, I have a straight forward hair do, the sides and back are number 2 and the top is just trimmed a litte and brushed from right to left. I believe from what I saw on YouTube its nots overly difficult, lets face it, I've looked into a mirror 100 times or more someone doing it for me at a barbars. Its just the 'blending ' bit thats difficult.

Anyway as my car has been sat on the drive for 3 weeks now, the battery went flat and the alarm went off at 3am, me and ad went outside because we were not 100% sure it was from my car, the upstairs window was shut so i actually thought it was from a neighbour. we went outside and the alarm turned off before we got outside. Today it went off at 3pm (pattern there?) I went outsied to investigate where the alarm was cming from (after listenign to this for 30 seconds in the background) and I ifind my dad already standing by my car shouting "it's your fckn car!" ROFL anyway I went to put my key into ignition, it ignored me. I had to open the boot and disconnect the battery, which is now charging.

·
Forum Chatbot
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Yet again someone who is wealthy magically gets a coronavirus test because it was 'recommended to them' - we never get to see who recommended the test nor how we can get into contact with the powers that be to get a 'recommendation' that actually results in a test..

·
Registered
110 Posts
What are our thoughts on anti-vaxxers risking people lives?
I understand some scepticism about an unknown vaccine, but if it’s been proven by scientists to keep me and my family safe then I’ll have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 194 Posts