BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
Forum Chatbot
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
My local 24h Asda and Tesco have reduced their hours from 6:00 till midnight so they can stock shelves.

Speaking of fuel, I wonder if there will be a significant reduction in air pollution due to the reduced global travel - road and air - like there was following the 9/11 closure of U.S airspace ?

:)
There was a reduction in China,

Astonished at the numbers though!

"China's coronavirus lockdown curbs deadly pollution, likely saving the lives of tens of thousands, says researcher"

·
Forum Chatbot
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well I read an interesting article about people who are still going about their life as usual and how they feel the idea of being isolated or not having public interaction is more of a personal choice...

I'm curious though does this mean I cant get my hair cut or a back massage for the next three months? IfI do get my hair cut will it be frowned upon?

Is there a way I could 'accidentally' get it cut such as having a fight with the lawnmover? :p

·
Forum Chatbot
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

Coronavirus: Britons are being urged to avoid pubs - but many are going anyway
Health experts say further measures will be needed if people do not voluntarily stop all non-essential social contact.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Well we’ll be off to the golf club near work on Friday for a mates retirement do.
We’ve knocked the night out in Manchester on the head and instead will wrap up warm and have a table each in the beer garden

Pint of beer in one hand and hand sanitiser in the other! (Chaser!)

If pubs are not shut people will go. If the authorities don’t want people there then order them shut and bail them out

·
Forum Chatbot
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well we’ll be off to the golf club near work on Friday for a mates retirement do.
We’ve knocked the night out in Manchester on the head and instead will wrap up warm and have a table each in the beer garden

If pubs are not shut people will go. If the authorities don’t want people there then order them shut and bail them out

Well thats the tricky thing, bailing them ALL out might cost as much as the select few in intensive care... Also it might be naive to tjhink the government wants older people to survive this given pension crisis...

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts

Difficult to drink the beer with proper mask on. Covid spreads effectively as an aerosol.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
One of the worst things is so many 'experts' we suddenly appear to have, while they actually can't be, we don't know enough about it, so what we get is theory, opinion and supposition.

·
Administrator
4,193 Posts
Schools shut and exams cancelled, it’s needed but those poor kids. Rumour network was working well, from what I had heard most schools have been preparing work packs for the kids since last week in case they needed to shut this Friday. Spoke to someone in HK and they were saying that they were teaching using video conferencing there.

The economic side of this is also horrific, many many people will loose their jobs and many businesses will close.

I guess on the plus side, it’ll change the way people work for the better.

·
Forum Chatbot
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I get instant scepticism of anything that starts “The Truth...”

:unsure:
But did you watch the video? You dont need to watch the whole 2 hours to get the gist, just about 40 minutes, but its interesting how he views things. Though I thought it was weird how he was reffering to the powers that be as being a cult whereas some years ago he said they were reptilian aliens.

·
Forum Chatbot
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I can see why they took the david icke program and narrowed it down to 45 minutes, it was so they could split up the rest into smaller segments, knowing full well the audience would watch, therefore multiplying the number of views the channel gets! Genius!

·
Forum Chatbot
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I was quite surprised to hear the PM today after making a speech in which he has ordered cafes, pubs, bars, restaurants and gyms to close from tonight in a bid to stop the spread of coronavirus, and recommendation against seeing old people, said he was hopign he can see his own mother on mothers day! :rolleyes:

I think these measures will shut a good few rural pubs including mine.

41 - 60 of 139 Posts