BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

21 - 40 of 139 Posts

·
Forum Chatbot
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well it’s out and spreading now person to person amongst people who haven’t been abroad.

Give it two weeks and we’ll be where Italy is now.
How are you doing and how long did the fever last,? I think I may have had it, cough started three weeks ago and I have a runny nose this week. No fever however but I felt hot in bed the other night and that's unusual for this time of year.

·
Administrator
4,193 Posts
How are you doing and how long did the fever last,? I think I may have had it, cough started three weeks ago and I have a runny nose this week. No fever however but I felt hot in bed the other night and that's unusual for this time of year.
Better thanks. Fever for two days. My chest is still not great. My eldest daughter has been a bit under the weather too. I sent them to my parents when I was feverish, but they have been back since.

I’ve a friend in Europe who got it on return from somewhere in SE Asia. He was feverish for 5 days.

So anybodies company in lockdown yet or on shared shifts etc?

·
Forum Chatbot
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So Boris has said to avoid travel, the office and pubs for the foreseeable.

I’ll WFH tomorrow but will prob go to the office on Wednesday and possibly the pub for lunch before they all start to close.

But why risk help spreading this?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Well we’ve just postponed a colleagues Friday retirement piss up.
Wow this shit just got serious!

:cautious:

·
Forum Chatbot
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well we’ve just postponed a colleagues Friday retirement piss up.
Wow this shit just got serious!

:cautious:
I used to spena lot of time on skype talking to people around the world and we wold use free online webcam forums so we could see each other, it was good for a laugh and you dont have to drive home afterwards!

·
Forum Chatbot
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well I am not a happy bunny! Dad had a bad cough which wasnt getting any better with antibiotics which he started on Saturday afternoon, anyway, he did a video call to some nurse who advise he might have caugh the coronavirus after getting an initial cold/flue from me. They have said having given a prescription for even stronger antibiotics that if he does get better indicating its not the virus, then this is fine, however, for the time being, we should intend on staying isolated for 14 days! Well I've been on Tesco website and there is no delivery slots until the 4th April (yes I realise this is after 14 days). Morisons booked until May!

·
Forum Chatbot
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I've just been reading an article saying quick diy test kits are unreliable! Why do they bother make them if they are unreliable?

·
Administrator
4,193 Posts
First I’ve heard about fuel, thought most people were now staying at home.

Schools round here are start to close due to staffing issues, hospitals are postponing ops now and JCB are making ventilators!

Not to be alarmist but this is only the beginning, it’s out and spreading now, we’ve done too little too late.

·
Forum Chatbot
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
fuel lol,well i'm alright, got half a tank of petrol before the weekend and filled up on lpg, only use petrol to about one mile then lpg kicks in and there aren't many cars buying lpg around!

The supermarkets are curbing panic buying but they bloody well should have done that from day one, people are stupid in the masses!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
My local 24h Asda and Tesco have reduced their hours from 6:00 till midnight so they can stock shelves.

Speaking of fuel, I wonder if there will be a significant reduction in air pollution due to the reduced global travel - road and air - like there was following the 9/11 closure of U.S airspace ?

:)

21 - 40 of 139 Posts