BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Forum Chatbot
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd ask has this virus affected you guys?
Are you making any preparations such as stocking up on food and buying masks?
What is your opinion about the coronavirus..is it overblown; or do you feel there will be a pandemic?
Are you concerned about catching it? I am, I work in a call centre and live in a hose with two 90 year olds so if I get it they'd be at serious risk.

·
Forum Chatbot
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The media must be fucking laughing their heads off . The public reaction just goes to show how high a % are just SHEEP
Well lets not forget, people aer dying so its not exactly something to dismiss, however normal flue kills people too. Asi I live in a house with elderly people I am certainly using hand sanitizer when I get home.

Did you guys see this panic buyer in Sydney? This is proper panic buying , she has a trolley full of toilet paper and she wouldn't let some other woman buy just one from her.

·
Administrator
4,203 Posts
What concerns me is the lasting lung damage / scarring it can cause. From what I’ve read it’s not as contagious as normal flu but the long term affects are worse and the mortality rate is slightly higher (3%).

I’ve currently had a fever and the rest of the symptoms since yesterday. In a way I hope I have got it, so I don’t get it again or get it when I’ve still got a weakened immune system.

·
Forum Chatbot
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What concerns me is the lasting lung damage / scarring it can cause. From what I’ve read it’s not as contagious as normal flu but the long term affects are worse and the mortality rate is slightly higher (3%).

I’ve currently had a fever and the rest of the symptoms since yesterday. In a way I hope I have got it, so I don’t get it again or get it when I’ve still got a weakened immune system.
Well are you self isolated?

Italy just put 16m people in lock down! ?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
ive had a cold and still have..last 3 days,,what have i done,,same as usual,,plenty water/ibuprofen and paracemol,,if it was flu,,which kills way more folk,,then nobody would bat an eyelid

·
Forum Chatbot
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

"The department's website said: "As of 9am on 8 March 2020, 23,513 people have been tested in the UK, of which 23,240 were confirmed negative and 273 were confirmed as positive. Two patients who tested positive for COVID-19 have died.""

The stats look extraordinary, are all those who got tested just hypochondriacs??

·
Forum Chatbot
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I'd rather he spent his time on real issues like the economy etc. I don't understand why people think he as prime minister should be Pratting about fixing flooded homes when he is supposed to be running the country..

·
Forum Chatbot
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Forum Chatbot
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

"The department's website said: "As of 9am on 8 March 2020, 23,513 people have been tested in the UK, of which 23,240 were confirmed negative and 273 were confirmed as positive. Two patients who tested positive for COVID-19 have died.""

The stats look extraordinary, are all those who got tested just hypochondriacs??

I wanted to advise I wasn't aware at the time I posted this that people returning to the UK were all being tested. I assumed people were getting tested because they believed they were ill.

Still it's very shocking about the prevalence of this disease in Italy.

·
Registered
401 Posts

I'd rather he spent his time on real issues like the economy etc. I don't understand why people think he as prime minister should be Pratting about fixing flooded homes when he is supposed to be running the country..
He doesn't have to do anything, just let the virus run its course, and they save money through not paying pensions, which they already hate doing :p

There is a vaccine, but they generally need years of testing, they should just roll it out to already weakened people who will most certainly die

·
Forum Chatbot
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

And I was looking forward to prime minister questions as well... Bet that'll get cancelled with them all shoulder to shoulder!

"The MP first showed symptoms on Thursday - the same day she attended a Downing Street event hosted by Boris Johnson to mark International Women's Day, according to a health department spokesman."

·
Forum Chatbot
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I just seen the first signs of panic buying in waitrose, lots of empty space on the bog roll, cold and flu and pain killer shelves... ?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Well the guy who invented hand sanitiser is rubbing his hands together now!

:)

·
Forum Chatbot
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well it’s out and spreading now person to person amongst people who haven’t been abroad.

Give it two weeks and we’ll be where Italy is now.
Well lucky I saw a guy who runs a bog roll company who says they will meet demand. Mind some moron on TV news was telling everyone to use toilet paper to open the toilet doors with and the taps etc what a waste!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I'd like to know, with all the precautionary advice being banded about, what this years seasonal flu death rate is and how it compares to yearly average

You'd imagine it's less but how much?

:)

...and after a quick google it appears levels of infection are falling... 16.6 per 100,000 week 1, 2020 to currently 9.0 per 100,000 in week 5

might be normal after a peak - be interesting to see the figures over the next couple of months

???

·
Forum Chatbot
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well they said it would take two months to peak but will come back as a seasonal thing. Having seen this article I hope they will make a vaccine by next winter

1 - 20 of 197 Posts