BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Cornwall. In October last year i sold my hilux surf 3 litre turbo diesel with a five inch lift and big mud tyres and bought a bike. On 29th decemder i got knocked off said bike. So on tuesday i bought a 98 318is. Its a real nice car.:thumbsup
And here i am!:cool

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome and car compliments guys.:cool I bought this car with the bike insurance money. The compensation stuff is still ongoing though.

Car coming towards me one night, saw him indicate turn turn across infront of me so gassed off, he then stopped so i carried on, then last minute.com he decided to pull across, thing is he then stopped right where i had to go. Over the bars, over the front offside of his bonnet. Bruised balls groine
pelvis, left knee like a rugby ball, left big toe, right heel, right shin, right knee, broken right wrist and a cut on back of left hand where something went through my glove. Only had the cast off on tuesday. Back to work next tuesday. Knees are still noy quite top form and the wrist is still bugga'd.:frown

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome and car compliments guys.:cool I bought this car with the bike insurance money. The compensation stuff is still ongoing though.

Car coming towards me one night, saw him indicate turn turn across infront of me so gassed off, he then stopped so i carried on, then last minute.com he decided to pull across, thing is he then stopped right where i had to go. Over the bars, over the front offside of his bonnet. Bruised balls groine
pelvis, left knee like a rugby ball, left big toe, right heel, right shin, right knee, broken right wrist and a cut on back of left hand where something went through my glove. Only had the cast off on tuesday. Back to work next tuesday. Knees are still noy quite top form and the wrist is still bugga'd.:frown
Ouch! wince :eek

What was the drivers story? didn't see you till the last minute I presume?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He said he saw me, which is why he stopped, then thought again and thought he had time to go. As he pulled across realised he didnt so he stopped........ right infront of me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What a moron..
Hope your feeling better... and all in one piece.
Feeling better but things still aint right. Worst thing is you just forget, then go to do something and.....twweeeeeK. Argh, pain again. Haha. Getting there though.:cool

Clayton, Welcome to the Number One BMW Forum

Please be sure to post pictures http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...ures-or-t2682/ and check out the the recently added "MEETS" forum http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f5/ to see what's happening in and around your area
Cheers mate, nice one!:thumbsup

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
He said he saw me, which is why he stopped, then thought again and thought he had time to go. As he pulled across realised he didnt so he stopped........ right infront of me.
Hi and welcome to the forum mate :D

Sorry to hear of your bike incident....

I have ridden bikes for over 10 years (dont have one at the moment) and have to say it really does bring home how BAD some car drivers are, when you are on a bike and dodging them like skittles!!!

Glad your ok though and it could have been worse by the sound of it injuries wise :thumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.