BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Weird issue. Had a passenger window problem. To cut a long story short it was the passenger side electric window switch.
Bought a new unit from eBay but also replaced the window regulator /motor

since then when I close the passenger door, the window doesn’t drop a few mill like it should - so the doordoesn’t close properly.... BUT if I then open and close the door again, it does and the window shuts fine

any ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
  • With the key in 2nd position and the doors closed, roll window all the way down manually by pressing and holding the down button (do not use the auto-down function).
  • Bring the window back up by holding the window switch up. Again, do not use auto feature.
  • When glass is all the way up, do not let go of the switch, hold the switch in the up position for 45 seconds.
  • Release the button and remove the key.
No idea why 45 seconds, I think I did mine for 10.

Here's another similar method:

• Sit in the car, and put the key in position 1, so you have power to the windows.
  • Push and hold down the window switch, and keep it held down for 5 seconds after the window is all the way down. This re-sets the memory, telling the motor, in effect, "Remember where we are now? Good."
  • Roll window back up, and release switch.
  • Open door. Marvel at the downward motion of the window. Repeat on other side, if you like

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions
Didn’t work though

the problem seems to be when I open the door, the window catches on sill at the top (roof)
Then as it hasn’t dropped, when I shut the door it doesn’t close properly... so where it’s catching, it’s stopping it for dropping...

are there adjusters on the motor/regulator? Or could the glass be out of alignment somehow ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions
Didn’t work though

the problem seems to be when I open the door, the window catches on sill at the top (roof)
Then as it hasn’t dropped, when I shut the door it doesn’t close properly... so where it’s catching, it’s stopping it for dropping...

are there adjusters on the motor/regulator? Or could the glass be out of alignment somehow ?
Hi Rob
Did you manage to resolve your problem?
Mine is doing the same😡
Regards Karl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts