BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I did a search but couldn't find anything... apologises if i wasn't searching for the right thing.

I fancy a set on contour's on my bmw.... now i know they are 7.5 on the front... and 8.5j on the rear... is this going to cause me any problems???

This is what mine looks like atm... the rear isnt lowered... although im told it sits a bit lower than normal?

I dont want them to rub if i can help it...

I was under the impression that if they are a bit wider it wont make any difference to the arches... or the handling??

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hi All,

I did a search but couldn't find anything... apologises if i wasn't searching for the right thing.

I fancy a set on contour's on my bmw.... now i know they are 7.5 on the front... and 8.5j on the rear... is this going to cause me any problems???

This is what mine looks like atm... the rear isnt lowered... although im told it sits a bit lower than normal?

I dont want them to rub if i can help it...

I was under the impression that if they are a bit wider it wont make any difference to the arches... or the handling??
You shouldn't experience any problems at all. If you do then it will be a case of just getting the rear arches rolled:thumbsup

Best thing to do is get 4 of your biggest mates and get them to sit in the car, make sure the tyre isn't touching the arch. If all seems well then go for a little spin to see if you can hear any rubbing sounds:shifty:

Please let us know how you get on:cool

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You shouldn't experience any problems at all. If you do then it will be a case of just getting the rear arches rolled:thumbsup

Best thing to do is get 4 of your biggest mates and get them to sit in the car, make sure the tyre isn't touching the arch. If all seems well then go for a little spin to see if you can hear any rubbing sounds:shifty:

Please let us know how you get on:cool
Ok fantasic... i will be looking at getting the set soon :D they need a bit of metal work.. as the current owner is addicted to kurbs on the right hand side i think :hihi

Hi Klone . What will you be doing with the wheels you have on the car . are you selling them.
Yes mate, if i do get the contour's mine will be for sale... need another going over... as the guy who refurbed them did a shocking job... but if i do get them, we can talk...

I might even refurb them myself now im getting reasonable at it before i sell them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.