BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am looking at the options of connecting my iRiver H10 mp3 player to the standard Business Radio/Cassette headunit in my '02 E46. My options appear to be -

1) a car kit via the cassette deck (no idea on the quality of this)

2) via a FM transmitter (have heard varying opinions on the quality of this)

Is there an auxilliary input at the rear of the headunit which could be used, or even RCA inputs? I have a multichanger connected so can't use that port.

Thanks,
Rik

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
Hi

I am looking at the options of connecting my iRiver H10 mp3 player to the standard Business Radio/Cassette headunit in my '02 E46. My options appear to be -

1) a car kit via the cassette deck (no idea on the quality of this)

2) via a FM transmitter (have heard varying opinions on the quality of this)

Is there an auxilliary input at the rear of the headunit which could be used, or even RCA inputs? I have a multichanger connected so can't use that port.

Thanks,
Rik
I've used both the tape adaptor and fm transmitter with iPod - the tape adapter sounded ok but not as good as it should be (it would be as good as the tape head allows)

with the fm transmitter I kept having to retune it slightly as I drove as I travel between manchester and Milton Keynes weekly so it wasn't a very good option for me. The quality was only as good as the best FM channel - sometimes it sounded as bad as radio4 (a lot of interference)

As far as I know there isn't a aux port on the back of the head unit - I ended up adding a aftermarkt iPod kit which replaced my CD Changer option (don't need CDs with an iPod)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.