BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All.

I have two questions to ask, the speakers in my convertible have reached their best before date.... I do want to retain the head unit as i like to keep the standard look of the interior and it links into my ipod.

What speakers would I need to replace them all? I understand there are two in the front doors and rear side plus the two tweeters. I have been doing a little research and found Pioneer replacements (from another thread here). Would these fit in the front and rear and be suitable? also what would i need to replace the tweeters or are these stock ones ok in everyones opinion?

My next question is because I wish to retain the HU, would I be wasting my time with the above?

Sorry a bit thick with the speakers and many thanks in advance for reading this..

·
Banned
66 Posts
Could go down to your local halfords they could tell you and if you buy speakers from there they can fit them for you while you look at other stuff you want for your car

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry - 4 yrs late!!! What was the end result on the upgrade? I have a 2002 convertible with the 'standard' audio setup which sounds pretty bad! I am looking at replacing the speakers with 'alpine' speakers. I have been told that I won't need a sub or an amp?

Any thoughts?

I am also having an iPod interface put in via a cable to the back as I too don't want to replace the head unit!

Any advice would be appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts