BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I asked a question but
I have found the error in my original thinking so all is now well. I bought my first BMW yesterday; a distress purchase after the last of a long line of wallet plundering Benzes let me down once too often. This is a tidy grey/green 320TD in poverty spec with an interior that would disgrace a pigsty, in John Major grey cloth with a black headlining. The latter i can live with but I think it will look better with a cream leather interior, so that is the plan. I ordered an Aux cable for the audio, a set of digital climate controls and a computer stalk and software so that may be coded in. I rather like the naked steering wheel but I like cruise control as well so I may have to forego that but right now, it needs getting to know, a less oppressive interior and some miles under it to find out if I can make the transition to the dark side!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The cream leather turned out to be Hellbeige which wasn't quite what I wanted but is better than the blue grey cloth. Door cards are in better nick than mine so a bit of work with the heat gun to melt some glue to allow for a bit of crafty detailing to make it all look stock next. Today was the first long trip in a BMW for about thirty years. The last was an E21 which was just horrible. I had a 128 at the time which was so much more fun.
After three hundred miles from Poole to Aberdare and back, it is comfortable, not quiet but not intolerably noisy, ten miles an hour faster than it feels and sufficiently nimble to tell me that a decent set of boots and bushes would soon get me into serious trouble. I might end up liking it, in spite of myself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PA soft scanner arrived and loaded in a few minutes into Win7 32bit on the Samsung netbook I liberated from the skip. Result. To get this capability with a Merc, you need to spend £400! Cleared the airbag light from fitting the leather seats and found out I have sports suspension. Good. Aux lead arrived for radio and Ipod now installed. Steering wheel switches on order and computer indicator stalk is here together with two thermostats and a used inlet manifold for cleaning and deflapping ready for next weekend's entertainment. Meanwhile, I have to wire in a friend's cruise and my own so out with the crimp terminals. Need an owner's handbook.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts