BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Becker traffic Pro fitted to my 840. I havent bothered with setting up the Sat Nav as I use waze on my phone, but I wanted something that looked OEM, but had a bit more functionality, so chose this head unit.

The only issue was that the colour of the screen never quite matched the BMW orange of the MID display or dash lights.

Until today.

Super cheap and easy fix: lighting gels.

These are coloured sheets used to adjust the colour of spotlights. I got a set from Amazon for about 6 quid and then chopped some small strips to the rough size of the stereo display.

It used to look okay with the red light but way off with the yellow. It really irked me that neither was a close enough match until I thought about using red film with the yellow LCD setting.

Pictures below show the yellow, red then adjusted versions. In reality, the modified version is pretty much perfect, it was difficult to get a perfect picture though which is why it looks over exposed and whatnot. Also, in real life there is an obvious difference between the red and modified orange displays.

Yellow

Red

Orange

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
That's cool. I've got an Indianapolis and it's much closer to BMW orange for some reason. At least not far enough out that it's bothered me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts