BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondering if I am being had over. My car started making a weird noise everytime you depressed the clutch and do a gear change. Went to the garage and would need a new clutch for £200. That was fine but now have just been told that the flywheel is shot and that was what would be making the noise so from having to pay £200 has now gone up to £450, the garage saying the cheapest flywheel etc and its dual mass. Does htis sound about right.

cheers for any advice

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think thats what he originaly said it may of been, what was causing the noise. I asked how much to replace that which was told would need a new clutch as you have to take it off??

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
You do have to remove the gearbox to replace the clutch release bearing, while you are there you always replace he clutch with it, the clutch release bearing comes with a clutch kit, always sold as a set.

What have they said is wrong with the dual mass? too much free play or side to side wobble?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.