BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture the scene:

You've parked in a relatively small car-park at the rear of your bank. It's hard to park in, hard to get out of.

You pull out of the space at half a knot, and turn the wheel ever so slightly to manouver past the BMW e46 Touring parked next to you, to go towards to car-width exit. You see a bollard on the far side of the exit, and you turn the wheel more to avoid it, and drop to a quarter knot.

You're crawling as slow as a snail, and you think you're only just clearing the bollard, and also clearing the touring; when all of a sudden.. You hear a noise.

An alien noise.

A noise that sounds an awful lot like how you imagine the rub strip being torn off the car by a bollard.

You choke, you gasp, you almost... cry.

You then proceed to slowly crawl out of the car-park, hanging your head in shame. When it's safe to do so, you park elsewhere, in a much more spacious car park. You go and check the rear side of the car, where the touring was 'just-in-case'... It's clean. Untouched.

You check the front passenger corner of the car to find.... It's also untouched.

*PHEW*

So now, what the hell was that noise?! Or did I imagine it?!

I have to say, today is my lucky day - as I hit a ton for the first time in a while. What a grin I have! :D

·
Formerly known as Freddybear
495 Posts
pleased for you mate. I did a similar thing in a multi story car park. Parked with a post on my right and backed out with left hand down and hit the wing- i was not so lucky :-:)
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another close shave, but this time I was driving down a road still covered in a thick sheet of ice, so I was just rolling down. Coming down to the end, I could see cars coming off a roundabout nearby, so touched the brakes to slow down when all of a sudden,

The car started sliding forwards towards the wall beside me.

Needless to say, I now have a vagina, and have been chewing my heart ever since!

So, so, so lucky! *phew*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts