BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..our one series 118i 2015 developed a strange problem with the Auto climate control. It’s been playing up during the last 2 days as every time we press the Auto button it works for a minute or two and then turns off and revert to manual fan setting. Today when you press the button it does turn on but immediately go to manual. Any idea what’s going on please?
Many thanks

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would scan for codes first and maybe try a disconnect to see if it resets. Battery off for half hour let everything fully power down and then try again

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Does it have the little vents in the control panel only small.
I think they all have it and it has a tiny fan behind to sense the air and it could well be blocked.
Try sucking the dust out of it with a pipe on the hoover.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would scan for codes first and maybe try a disconnect to see if it resets. Battery off for half hour let everything fully power down and then try again
Thank you .. I will try taking the battery off. Do I need to reset anything afterwards like the remote keys or radio?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it have the little vents in the control panel only small.
I think they all have it and it has a tiny fan behind to sense the air and it could well be blocked.
Try sucking the dust out of it with a pipe on the hoover.
Thank you Alan. There isn’t an obvious one but will try to locate it somehow. There must be an internal temp sensor somewhere inside the car…cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts