BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm told BMW's have very soft paint. I'm thinking of having clear bra 3M applied to front bumber and hood.
If after 3-5 years I remove the clear bra 3m film, will I also be pealing off the paint?

·
Registered
431 Posts
From what I remember from the meet there, the chappy's at Autobright said BMW's have particularly thick paint, and it's also quite hard too unless my memory fails me (which it does, regularly).

·
Registered
488 Posts
no you won't peel the paint off. You can use a hairdryer to soften the adhesive as well when you're ready to remove it.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Thick paint chips easier than paint just the right thickness. Therefore I bet they have just the right thickness of paint

Reactions: Foolishbean69

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good question.

Soft paint / hard paint - makes no difference when stones hit you on the motorway! I would also like to know if anyone is using a Clear Bra as I'm thinking the same thing as Scubalaw. Repainting a front bumper is one thing - painting a bonnet is an altogether different nightmare!

has anyone seen a clear bra on a car? Can you see the difference where the bra is located?

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
91 Posts
use to have it on my audi a3 . front bumper, side skirts, bonnet edge . yes it is visible but on the other hand you know what it is ,so it doesnt bother you like a stone chip or scratch would . very good stuff just make sure you get the soft plastic stuff ,easier to fit and mold .

·
Registered
602 Posts
BMW has hard paint.

Some newer bmw's have a protective coating also on top.

Bitch to prep for paint!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The paint won't be an issue here my friend but watch out for fading and scratches around where the straps are.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Are you getting like a vinyll wrap then??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts