BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any suggestions on how/what to use to clean alloy wheels? At the moment I use AG Clean Wheels and a soft brush or one of those brake dust remover pads but it doesn't do that great a job to be honest. The alloys are MV2's and the narrow gap between the spokes is a right pain in the @rse, plus they need refurbishing which I hope to do once I'm back in work!! So what I'm looking for is a way to give them a really good clean and then a way to keep them clean. Also is there a tyre gel that doesn't evaporate by the next day?

Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ive got mv2's as well on my coupe, and have to agree that they are a total p.i.t.a. to clean, no matter what you use

However I found CarPlan Wonder Wheels (this stuff: http://www.carplan.co.uk/index.cfm?category=60) cleaned them up excellently. Id say its something worth doing with the wheels off, can give them a bit more attention that way. I just brushed the stuff on, left for 5-10 mins, then used an alloy wheel brush to lift the stuff off, and rinsed with cold water, and washed as normal after that. Worked a treat:thumbsup

The stuff is fairly strong though, I did spirk a bit on my arm, thought nothing of it...till it started to tingle.:lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
yep the car plan stuff applied with a soft brush and left for a couple of mins then wash off with cold water, i would advise wearing the gloves that are supplied as it can sting a bit. as for your tyres i use megures tyre shine it stays good for a couple of weeks and is available at halfords

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep the car plan stuff applied with a soft brush and left for a couple of mins then wash off with cold water, i would advise wearing the gloves that are supplied as it can sting a bit. as for your tyres i use megures tyre shine it stays good for a couple of weeks and is available at halfords
Thanks for the reply but after a bit of research I'm going to give that Bilberry stuff a try with a blast from the Karcher on the weekend. Apparently Bilberry is very good.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Truth be told I think a bit of agression is required as I've had the car nine months and I haven't had the chance to go to town on the cleaning yet.....the first owner was a leasing company and I doubt regular cleaning was top of their agenda.....though I'm grateful for the balance of the free servicing package they left on it!! :hihi:hihi:hihi:cool:thumbsup

·
Registered
11 Posts
Truth be told I think a bit of agression is required as I've had the car nine months and I haven't had the chance to go to town on the cleaning yet.....the first owner was a leasing company and I doubt regular cleaning was top of their agenda.....though I'm grateful for the balance of the free servicing package they left on it!! :hihi:hihi:hihi:cool:thumbsup
In that case, I would use wonder wheels to get them clean, and use your Bilberry from there onwards :thumbsup.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In that case, I would use wonder wheels to get them clean, and use your Bilberry from there onwards :thumbsup.
Thanking you kind sir!!:thumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.