BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BFuk Mankini Crew Member #1
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys as you do at work today finished the job so decided I would go view the car sales garages on the backlane thers 3 really good ones in a row in Redcar anyways was in one they had the usual a nice 2.2 prelude a nice mk1 golf and a real nice evo with a rolling road figure of 560bhp next to it a 5.5 v8 Brabus tuned merc supercharged.... Amaizing (sorry to backstab) anyways after chating for a hour the the salesman went to get in the van and go as I was running late driving into the next yard to turn around and the first car I c a dark blue 8 very shiny! Jumped out went n got the keys and started it mmmm the 4.0 started up instantly smooth as foooook interior was perfect alll the electrics worked back and front windows sunroof leather was unmarked temp went up nicely to half way reved perfect sounded really good looked at the clock 151k :0 went in the boot fully stamped every 6 or 8k by BMW dealer! I thought there has to be a catch so went all over the outside and it was imaculate a small scratch front bumper that will buff out and back bumper as well tiny though parking ones barely noticable but I went over it with a gone tooth comb and best thing...... Not a trace of rust! Went right under the arches as well! Checked the oil cap no gunk! Only thing I found was the radio didn't work! Oh and 0 previous owners! 0! It was perfect and also agreed to 2.5k and my car! Damn i wish I had 2.5k it was up for 4k oh and it pulled like a train with no nocks or squeeks! The backboxes looked newish as well and 10 months mot 2 months tax so if any1 wants a high miler that's perfect thers one in boro! Perfect!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Sounds nice mate.. With the price of petrol these days I can barely afford to run a 2.5 though let alone a V8!

Always fancied an 8 series mind... :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Sounds very nice!

but....

Did you go through all that knowing you couldn't afford it?
Seems like a bit of a waste of time and I bet the dealer was secretly fuming.

·
BFuk Mankini Crew Member #1
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes but I sometimes do that and go to the bank and get a lender but then I thought if I'm going uni next year I can't :( but I would love to! It made me feel great driving it what a noise cudnt help but think of the noise with a nice air intake :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts