BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite reading all the information available regarding rattling doors, the LCI Compact is completely different inside and the glass rattles if the door is closed with a window open worse than any car I have ever known. I know that a BMW is a cheap car in a party frock but it sounds cheap as well, All the bolts are tight, the glass moves freely and the green sliders have had their gaps reduced with small nylon spacers but there is nothing I can see that can be adjusted to stop the glass from flapping about. It is the major irritation with the car. Does anybody have a sensible and workable cure?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Your window regulator is not bended? Also lower rubber guide (door) are good?

But most of time it is the glass holder.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a plan which involves opening the door and working outside. The weather Gods have one involving two weeks of heavy rain starting this afternoon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The green clips that slide on the runners are fine and carry the glass. I think that a drop of rtv will perhaps help but I need to take a good look at this problem because nobody has a remedy, only guesswork. I shall roll my sleeves up and fix it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Mine problem was glass clip holder. Under load, there was to much tension. Replaced that greased every moving parts. No more problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts