BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled in an online form tonight with Real:life claims, purely because i was bored... And have been phoned back by an advisor.
It seems i have a near solid case for claiming back PPI on 2 loans, and being mis-sold a credit card. Now as much as this is great news thinking of the money... Im starting to wonder whats actualy involved:confused

Has anyone here done it/been succesful? I am, apparently, looking at a substantial payout... But does this mean any relationship with my bank is about to be blown out of the water, and possibly ruin any chances of future loans/mortgages with anyone etc?

I could realy do with the money, but if its going to fook things up for me in the long run, i dont think i'll bother :frown
Anyone have any advice :thumbsup

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am currently going through it now, but I have just seen watchdog and they gave advised that you claim yourself rather than use a claim company.
But I can't be bothered with it all and will let them do all the work and give them the 25%.

And no it wont affect anything.

Reactions: Nimr0d

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read that too, but like you, just cant be arsed with all the hassle :hihi 25% + VAT isn't great, but its better than a kick in the nadgers :rofl besides... its only £720 if you win the average payout of £2400... thats £1680 your better off :D

Aaah, thats ok then. If it doesn't affect anything, then i cant see any reason to not try. be nice to get something back from the robbing sods!

·
Registered
7 Posts
And no it wont affect anything.
Yep,basically they have to pay back what they stole from you in the first place BUT you have to apply for it.They don't have to tell you if they have mis-sold it to you.....

Everybody should do it if they have taken out a loan or CC cause I think we've given them enough bloody money :irked :hihi

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
I've gotta start this process at some point - Can't say I fancy paying the companys 25% though :jaw-dropping

Might give it a bash myself :thumbsup

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have just completed my PPI claim. I filled out a form that is on the oft website in April, I sent it to the loan company myself, I claimed miss selling as I did not need it and was told if I didn't get it I would not get the loan. I had to wait until August when the bank made me an offer which I duly accepted. The offer was slightly less than I had hoped for but only by a couple of hundred pounds and was still over £5,000 so a good result. They said 28 days for the cheque to arrive so I should have it in the next couple of weeks. It was very easy and DO NOT use a claims management company they just nick your money. It was really easy to claim, just need to fill out the form and send it off, they then send you letters giving you updates and then an offer/decline depending on whether you have a valid claim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts