BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

CIC - No Driving Instructions After Maps Update

455 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  supersim65 
#1 ·
I have recently updated the maps in my late 2010 E91 with CIC via USB. I bought the maps from an online seller. Installation was smooth.

However since then, I am not getting any instructions from the iDrive when it's navigating. The path to follow is laid out on the screen just fine, but the system doesn't let me know if I need to turn left or right on screen.

Have I missed a setting in the menus somewhere? Or do I need to go back to the people who sold the maps?

#2 ·
There is definitely a setting for muting the audio instructions - can't remember where it is exactly, but I think it's one of the options down the left hand side of the screen? Might just be worth checking in case it's somehow become engaged. I think you can also set the volume of the audio - so if it transpires not to be muted, it might also be worth checking the volume isn't so low as to be indistinguishable from technically muted.

IIRC to change the satnav volume, you just adjust the volume whilst it's giving instruction. Obviously, if it's so quiet you can't hear it, then there is a delightful Catch 22 there: try setting a route and as soon as it stops calculating the route, pump up the volume - it normally announces the completion of route planning with a fatuous declaration of "follow the road". Ordinarily blindingly obvious to the point of uselessness, but in this instance potentially a saviour!

#3 ·
Thanks Evog. I worked it out. It wasn't audio instructions I was after, just the visual ones, following the line on it's own can be tricky.

It's simply because I had 'split screen' off. When you have split screen enabled it brings up instructions in the smaller split. Arrows left, lane choices, that kind of thing. Just me trying to work out the controls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.