BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont believe it. I have had my valve caps nicked twice in 2 weeks. First set were chrome so i brought a new set with the M badge on and screw up tight and looked today and they have gone. Dont think its kids as they would not of got them off with their hands. I give up !! im putting plastic ones on.:jaw-dropping

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yeah its terrible the things they nick and you are probably right, it wont be kids. I've had things like the badges off the center caps being pinched (funnily enough when I saw another Mini in the car park missing them, came back mines gone along with the other Mini)

A lad my age nicked every dust valve cap of every car in our village and then did it again when they were all replaced. Police found buckets of them in his bedroom and no reason for why he did it.

Could be worse tho, someone tried to nick my dads grill from his 5 series and then the badge. They managed to get the enamel part off but left the metal and it looked shocking!

It could be the same person, I thought this when someone even nicked the bright yellow minging ones I fitted!

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you have seen the film "the jackal" (1997) think about the scene where Bruce Willis sprays some chemical on the boot handle. Then when someone tries to open the boot they start foaming from the mouth then die. Can we get some of that???

·
Registered
328 Posts
I dont believe it. I have had my valve caps nicked twice in 2 weeks. First set were chrome so i brought a new set with the M badge on and screw up tight and looked today and they have gone. Dont think its kids as they would not of got them off with their hands. I give up !! im putting plastic ones on.:jaw-dropping
I guess this happens to all of us once or twice. It happened to me before on my own driveway. Spotted some kids (around 11 or 12 years old) around the car so give them a bit of a telling off! then 30 minutes late the police arrived at the door, asking to have a word...

To my amazement, the police came round to give me a telling off! Apparently one of the kids parent made a complaint about me scaring her kid!:jaw-dropping But thank god for neigbhour.. backing me up, that they were trying to steal the caps!!

So in future if anyone catches the little buggers, be careful

Will

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got lockable ones, only problem is if you misplace the special key thingy you could find yourself with a soft tyre and no way to get air into it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I guess this happens to all of us once or twice. It happened to me before on my own driveway. Spotted some kids (around 11 or 12 years old) around the car so give them a bit of a telling off! then 30 minutes late the police arrived at the door, asking to have a word...

To my amazement, the police came round to give me a telling off! Apparently one of the kids parent made a complaint about me scaring her kid!:jaw-dropping But thank god for neigbhour.. backing me up, that they were trying to steal the caps!!

So in future if anyone catches the little buggers, be careful

Will
Thats why I shoot the little buggers ;-) My patio is growing mighty big though....

Tom

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Gutted!!
Thieving little scummers.

When I had my last M3 (E36) it had some lovely BMW alloy valve caps on from Germany.

Some sh*theads glued them on during the night...so when I went to check the tyre pressures I could not get them off :hihi

It was lucky for them I didnt catch them! but in the end I had to angle grind the valve caps carefully off.... so think yourself 'lucky' they only nicked them!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.