BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Came across this link today, the e36 that was "re-designed" by the Chop Shop TV show is up for sale.....
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1045371.htm

Really not sure about this one - it is either an eyesore that has destroyed an e36 or a really interesting/one-off e36.

I can never decide whether the cars that they modify are any good or not........anybody got any thoughts on this one?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Whilst I can appreacite the efforts to redesign and build the body, its over the top for what it is, a basic 325i. I don't feel its worth the money and mechanically its a just a 325i, wheel spacers and ATE power brake discs and pads.

Chop Shop wanted about £20K for that, didn't sell it for ages and refused offers around £7K. Due to the TV show it's worth a bit but nothing near what the seller may want for it.

·
Registered
788 Posts
i saw this car in the flesh at a show last year it really was getting a lot of interest and publicity it really is a crowd puller, i think the aim of the modification was to make it look like an 850 at the rear and it did have massive wheels on it at the time, i think its ok but dont like the front end at all.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
882 Posts
The show, its alright something to watch but, the cars they build :eek

All the work to the body is very crude and covered up with paint and filler to make it look good. Not for me im afraid and he's giving you a DVD of the build of the car just to let you see what shit is underneath all that paint and filler. I think if you were paying 20k for the car and seen the DVD you would go into a deep depression:hihi

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's horrible, they did nothing to the suspension and they could at least of got the exhaust comming out the back properly, and fitted a shiny one, for £20k I would want a rebuild of everything, I'm supprised it hasn't rusted and fell apart yet as they only tacked it up and put loads of filler on it and they didn't underseal it, and the wheel spacers would bugger up the wheel hubs and cause problems with getting it on ramps, 20k you could spend on a tidy m3 and do it up lol,

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.