BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I bought some of your stuff to use on my daughter's E91 (colour Le Mans blue) which had been 'keyed' on just about every panel by some mindless yob. The scratches are through to the primer coat below. However although I have used Chipex before on stone chips and been well satisfied with the results, when I use the blending solution it lifts the paint back out of the scratches leaving the white primer clearly visible. It did this even when I left the paint overnight to fully dry/harden. Do you have any suggestions as to how I might 'keep'the paint in the scratch?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Rabul,

When someone has 'keyed' the car as in your case it is best to very carefully apply a small amount of paint along the length of the scratch and not to smear the paint as in the case of the usual stone chip repair. It is recommended to only apply the blending solution around the outside section of the scratch and not over the top as in the case of a stone chip due to the length of the scratch.

Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us on: 01295-258308

1 - 2 of 2 Posts