Would it be worth having this done for the following gains on my 320si

bhp 173 up to 188

Torque 200NM UP TO 218

Is chip tunning the same as remapping

Thanks

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Yes and no chip tuning is were the open the ECU up and re-chip the car.. Its how it used to be done.. But they do re-map the new chip so yes and no..

Ask how they do it.. Via the sevice port or open the ECU up?

Mike

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sorry to hijack slightly but it's relavent - Mike can you confirm whether either or both are suceptable to being wiped back to original map when re-flashed during a service?

I'm considering getting a remap and panel filter when the warranty runs out but I don't want to risk it being money down the drain if it gets wiped at a service.

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Sorry to hijack slightly but it's relavent - Mike can you confirm whether either or both are suceptable to being wiped back to original map when re-flashed during a service?

I'm considering getting a remap and panel filter when the warranty runs out but I don't want to risk it being money down the drain if it gets wiped at a service.
Yes any car can get flashed over with dealer tool's Most of the time it will only happen if they have done a update. Most car's after 2 years old have had them by now.
If this dose happen we take a re do a new file for you with the new update too.. alot of other tuners will just put what you had on before we dont. Its a update so needs a new file..

Mike

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts

Make sure you get it done at Motech :D :thumbsup

·
Registered
210 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.