BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first personal number plate. The previous owner has paid the change of nominee fee and I recieved a V778W document from the DVLA a few days ago.
I rang the DVLA yesterday and they said the the previous owner had to fill in section 1 and 6 with signitures! He hasn't done this. The first section of the form has been filled in(typed) I assume by the DVLA, The Grantee details and its states at the bottom of this section that the assignment fee has already been paid!
Section 1 refers to the "Assigning this vehicle registration number" and section 6 just requires a signiture.
I'm getting pretty confused! Do I need to send the form back to the grantee for sections 1 and 6 to be filled in? I mean they don't seem relevant to me!?

Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
286 Posts
any chance of seeing a copy of the form (scan or photo) as i've only ever transfered from my car to a new car of mine and dont know the form you have. i will try to help as ive transfered mine several times

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the same problem with mine recently . I phoned the grantee & explained the situation & asked if I could scribble a signature , I then posted it off to the DVLA local office and hey presto all sorted . I thought it was best to ask the grantee first just in case the DVLA got in touch with him for any reason .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts