BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I bought these a while ago, have yet to fit them completely, but have had them on the car before. The reason I had them off was the snow, which meant gritting of the road, which meant erosion to my loverly wheels. I paid £300 for these bad boys, and cant wait for the summer. They look mint on the car, but will get those pics up as soon as i put them back on. But for now here is a peek at my wheels, and one pic of my beautiful 318is. What do you think guys...........................................

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah thats fair enough. i got some 16inch on there at the moment, which are bog standard, and I got some 18inch m6 alloys, which are sweet, well probably the best ones i got, but I want my car to be different and stand out, and those chromies do the trick. but it may be a bit too much lol. i will get some pics up soon and let you guys see

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
The salt shouldnt erode them that much, I certainly wouldnt go to the extreme of taking the wheels off my car. The lacquer over the top of the chrome should protect them. Must admit, I'm not a fan of chrome wheels especially on black cars but if you think they're cool then thats all that matters.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
deffo lads, i ent saying they are gonna look good cos i dont know. so far i have 3 sets of wheels, but i am always looking for different parts for her. i am more than likeley gonna keep the 18 M6s cos they dont need polishing everytime, and for what its worth i may just use the chromes for shows. Will try and get pics up as soon as i have bought some tyres and fitted them ok chaps

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
The salt shouldnt erode them that much, I certainly wouldnt go to the extreme of taking the wheels off my car. The lacquer over the top of the chrome should protect them. Must admit, I'm not a fan of chrome wheels especially on black cars but if you think they're cool then thats all that matters.
WRONG!!!:rofl The salt will corrode the hell out of the wheels. I have seen many many set suffer as a result. There are also other factors less severe as salt on the roads which is the reason that these wheels will come with either NO WARRANTY, 3 MONTH MOT OR DISCLAIMER SAYING FOR SHOW PURPOSE ONLY. There is not a single manufacturer that I'm aware of that can offer a wheel for daily use with a full warranty. These wheels are great for the likes of the states where the weather is less harsh:thumbsup

deffo lads, i ent saying they are gonna look good cos i dont know. so far i have 3 sets of wheels, but i am always looking for different parts for her. i am more than likeley gonna keep the 18 M6s cos they dont need polishing everytime, and for what its worth i may just use the chromes for shows. Will try and get pics up as soon as i have bought some tyres and fitted them ok chaps
I'm not a lover of chrome wheels but they can look great on the right car with the right mods:cool

You did right to remove the wheels and I would advise if you can spare the expense and you like them then keep them for show purpose only:cool

At the end of the day mate, you can't please everyone so don't try;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
biggest mistake of your life they will last for a month in our grit treated roads, my mate spent big money on a set of 24" chromes from america for his 300c and after a week of snow they are knackered the british gritted roads eats into the chrome immediately , now he is paying £500 to have them blasted and recoated in powder coat such a shame as chrome is the ultimate bling , but i must say i really dont like them on bmw,s.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.