BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i've been away from home for a while and have been using my phone to access this site so I haven't posted anything for a few weeks. Whilst driving my car on the 19inch Hamanns I started to get annoyed with the fact that I couldn't drive around corners quickly or accelerate hard because the rear wheels rubbed against the arches.

I tried getting the rear wheels adjusted so they go in furthure at the top but that made no difference. I finally had enough when a mate in his old nova left me behind in the corners.

I have now got hold of a set of 19 inch moven alloy wheels that are 8.5 inches wide on the fronts and 9.5 inches on the rears. Please bare in mind that these are not the cheap criuze wheels that are being sold on ebay.

For anyone who is interested the rear wheels have an offset of 45 which allows the wheels to only just clear the rear arches the cheaper wheels on ebay have an offset of 40 and will only fit the saloon car.

These wheels do still rub when i'm cornering really fast but I guess thats the price you pay for having large wheels. Unfortunately because I have the convertible I could not roll the rear arches because there is a steel bar going around them.

Your feedback on the new look would be much appreciated.

ALSO I would like to say a big thank you to A20 RYM who was a great help and went out of his way to help me try and solve the problem with my old rims. When I finally get round to meeting you mate I owe you a pint, or maybe two if I raid the piggy bank. :thumbsup

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx mark.

I picked them up from a ebay seller in cambridge. As soon as he told me the offset of the rear wheels i dropped everything and drove down. I know i piad over the odds for them but I didn't want to loose out. I paid him a deposit through paypal to secure the the sale.

I wasn't sure if i'd like them but once the tyre fitters put them on my car i just looked at my mate and smiled :silly

·
Registered
89 Posts
they are sexy...they go well with the car, good find :D do not kerb them !! and do not let ur missus kerb them lol
only joking, take good care of them, if i were you i'd take them off and wait till this shite weather is over :D :D

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are sexy...they go well with the car, good find :D do not kerb them !! and do not let ur missus kerb them lol
only joking, take good care of them, if i were you i'd take them off and wait till this shite weather is over :D :D
I couldn't wait to get them on the car. I'll let the weather ruin them and then have them refurbed in shadow chrome :shifty: :hihi

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very Nice...but, The WHOLE car is!
It's so Easy to ruin a nice Car with the Wrong Wheels Especially When the Wheels are Too Large..But You've Got it Right!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Far better choice than the others mate:cool That style is the type that I always picture as a first choice on a Beemer:thumbsup

10J on the rear was a bit optimistic I must admit:hihi

Perhaps I can have a closer look at the rubbing issue on the back when you buy me that pint?:hihi

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Far better choice than the others mate:cool That style is the type that I always picture as a first choice on a Beemer:thumbsup

10J on the rear was a bit optimistic I must admit:hihi

Perhaps I can have a closer look at the rubbing issue on the back when you buy me that pint?:hihi

PM me when your free and i'll grab my wallet. :thumbsup

·
Registered
788 Posts
dont wait till they get wrecked get them shadow chrome now that car is screaming out for them wheels to be that colour , must say though the whole car looks nice :thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
dont wait till they get wrecked get them shadow chrome now that car is screaming out for them wheels to be that colour , must say though the whole car looks nice :thumbsup
If it's the look you want then DO IT NOW!!!:thumbsup

How/why do you intend on wrecking your wheels?:confused

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
waiting to see what the sated roads do to them. I'm in two minds about the colour of these wheels, i'm begining to really like them.
Here's a little pointer for you... darker coloured wheels make the wheels look smaller:thumbsup

That's why when I get my wheels painted black i'll be painting the lip of the wheel WHITE to ensure the size is still there:cool

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's a little pointer for you... darker coloured wheels make the wheels look smaller:thumbsup

That's why when I get my wheels painted black i'll be painting the lip of the wheel WHITE to ensure the size is still there:cool
good point, funnily enough that was one of the reasons making me think twice about making them darker. :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 20 Posts