BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Cheapest Synthetic oil for E46 330i 2000

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Ronnie 
#1 ·
Hi,

So, my oil needs to be ACEA A3 LL01. I'm going to need a few litres for top ups in between oil changes so a 4 or 5 litre bottle.

Anybody found any really good deals on this kind of oil cos it's really expensive and I've poured all my money into my lumbar support upgrade (will post details when complete).

Fuchs Titan Supersyn SAE 0W-30 4 litres - £47.99 free postage

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220352060958 is £40 all in.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=310125603107 is around £48 all in....

Just trying to get the best deal....

Cheers,
Andy

#3 ·
I usually buy my oil from costco, 24 odd quid for 4 litres of mobile1 fully synthetic which is pretty cheap. Unfortunately you have to be a member but the thing i was really suprised with recently was kwik fit offered to do my car with mobile1 and an oil filter for less than £40. I was suprised but had the oil already so i did it myself, really easy job but one of my mates who has a 325ci coupe went to kwik fit and had his done and it was mobile1 fully synthetic oil they used, he let them change the oil and the filter drove it for a few hundred miles and then pulled out the filter and replaced it with a genuine one, it still worked out less than £50 which is a bargain by any standards.

#4 ·
I buy mine at Costco too.

Also worth bearing in mind they sometimes stock Chevron brand (US brand) fully synthetic at £9.99 plus vat for 4.5 litres. All the important accreditation and manufacturer standards, absolute bargain

#8 ·
I have had oil changes done at kwik fit many times with my previous car. The charged me 25 quid for oil/filter but not Mobil 1. Mobil 1 is £38 and it includes oil/filter. What i usually do is buy a dealer filter and get Mobil 1 put in.

If you provide oil/filter they change it for you for 10 labour.

They will do BMW any car.

#10 · (Edited)
My C70 T5 now has 131K on it, always run on Mobil 1 0w40 and since I've had it I have got the Mobil 1 from Costco @ Wyvern Retail Park for £19.99 + vat per 4ltr tub. Car runs superb.

Also, try Eurocarparts, they now stock Valvoline at decent enough prices, fwiw I used to run my Toyota's on this and its a superb oil, far better than most, if not all the more expensive ones bar that Purple Royal one.

#17 ·
I just bought 8 litres as castrol edge fully synthetic for £70 delivered, best price I found anywhere by some way. I was quoted £36 by national tyres recently for an oil change - they also use castrol edge too... i think they make their money by getting you through the door and then telling you loads of other things needs doping also, wither that or they would surely be loosing money at those rates.

#19 ·
Some such garages fill branded containers with cheaper oils, so it appears as though they are using what they are telling you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.