BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cheap Remaps companies and FB tuners damaged BMW ECUs warning

There seems to be a big increase in ECUs that are being damaged by other tuning companies and FB tuners

I have found that many of these companies are using clone copy tools like MPPS,KESS,KTAG or GELLETO which are damaging the ECU
Or even recommending there customers to buy a clone copy MPPS flasher so they can read and write to there car

When it all goes wrong these companies or FB tuners say it nothing to do with us we can't help you

Many of these customers have sent there ECUs or cars to us to fix after weeks of not being able or drive them at all

I recommend that you do a lot of research before you use someone to tune your car and make sure they have been tuning for many years
If they say buy a MPPS or other clone copy tools stay well away from them

If you need any advise or if your ECU has been damaged call 07831103030 jason

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs
New and fully refurbished BMW Ecus
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

·
Vendor
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Another Ecu where a tuning company that used a clone tool which damaged his Ecu

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=383954

Another happy customer after we fitted our refurbished edc17 ecu to his 316d 2009 bmw

Hi 1st ecu was damaged by another tuning company who tried to read the ecu with a clone tool then they said that they had removed his Dpf software from the Ecu which they had not as they damaged the boot pin with tgere copy clone tool

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs
New and fully refurbished BMW Ecus
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

·
Vendor
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I thought that removing the DPF was illegal and a mot failure?
I always recommend to keep the Dpf on a car that's fitted with one and if you have a problem with it blocking up a recommend to fix the problem than to remove the Dpf but most do not know how to fix Dpf problems so they remove it and still leave the problem that was making the Dpf block up in the 1st place

Yes if the car is being used on the roads then it is illegal
It is also a tax fraud

BW chiptune
BW autorepairs
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
UB3 1BB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts