BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is in the right place so Mod's please move if necessary.

RAF Marham is hosting it's first charity track day in 2016 on 28th - 29th May.

All details and info can be found at RAF Marham Charity Track Days and on board footage can be found on YouTube by searching RAF Marham Track Day.

Prices start at £70 per car and driver with every additional driver costing £10 - so a car with 3 named drivers for the day would cost £90.

It's open pit lane - so come and go as you please - no set sessions. Track is open from approx. 8am - 5pm with an hour for lunch at 12pm.

All proceeds go to charity and the event offers something for everyone whether you're a seasoned track day goer or your first time.

NO DRIFTING I'm afraid!

If you have any questions please get in touch and I'll do my best to answer.

Cheers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really the correct place but as its for charity will leave it here for maximum exposure :thumbsup

The only thing I would say is from what I've heard the surface is likely to cause significant gravel rash to the front of your car.
Thanks - much appreciated.

The last event we did (Sept 15), after a few years absence, utilised a completely different part of the airfield and as such was a little 'dirtier' than normal but after a few hrs of running it cleared up.

I think what needs to be made clear is this isn't a typical race circuit boasting pristine surfaces and racing lines. It's an airfield that is very wide and with high speed straights - last events' reported top speed down the main straight was 185mph. My advice to anyone who's contemplating the idea of attending is to tape over headlights and bumpers to preserve/mitigate minor paint surface damage - a lot of chaps do this and it works very well.

However it's incredible value for money when you consider the track time you get and the noise limits are much more relaxed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts