BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an E46 Touring with the silver trim on the dash etc which I find a bit 'obvious' other than going to a breakers is there a kit to change these or even stick something over them - a vinyl kit or something ?

I'd like something more subtle or would do a swap if anyone likes the silver - are they easy to remove ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have an E46 Touring with the silver trim on the dash etc which I find a bit 'obvious' other than going to a breakers is there a kit to change these or even stick something over them - a vinyl kit or something ?

I'd like something more subtle or would do a swap if anyone likes the silver - are they easy to remove ?

Thanks

Is it the silver sport trim that you have? if so, then those are pretty cool and desirable or is it the grey trim?

My E46 had the standard black trim, which I changed to the Sport silver trim.

I still have the complete black dash trim including the wheel trim and black gear knob, they will go straight onto your car. I also have the door card trim finishers aswell but I dont think they will fit the touring doors- mine is a 4 door.

If you are interested then Pm me mate.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think they're very easy to remove, I did mine to get at the stereo to fit an AUX line-in.

I have a 2003 Saloon with the dark grey trim, which is nice. I thought I preferred the silver though, but now I can't remember.

My trim is the same as in this advert (see 5th picture on the first row).

I assume yours is like this one?

I would possibly do a direct swap with your silver trim assuming it all fits (including the centre console/gear stick area and door trim near the door handles).

I assume it's a manual? Automatic may have a different shape to the area around the gear stick?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just purchased a 330CI sport convertible and it has the black carbon fibre (cubed) trim which I am not that keen on. How easy is it to swap for silver (aluminum) - I assume you have to get genuine BMW parts to not make it look like a bodge?

I am also assuming if I go to a dealer it will cost me footballers money to get it changed any thoughts / previous experience on where to buy kits / get it changed?

Regards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.