BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

My car is not prewired for cd changer, there should be two connectors in trunk (3 pin and 6 pin). Cable with 6 pins can be ordered from bmw, but what about cable with 3 pin connector which should be power supply for cd changer?

Actually I need this connectors for DICE adapter, seems there is dice silverline with radio interface, but its too late now:duh

Thanks!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yep, that's your best bet. I think EAS are the only company that do the radio interface, they may get them made up specially, they have a very close relationship with DICE. Tom at EAS used to work for Dension in the US (who made the original ICE->Link) Dension USA closed down for some reason and most of the guys setup DICE with Tom setting up EAS.

The radio interface is better for the Business head unit anyway, even if you do have the CD Changer connections, it's easier to install as there is no wire coming all the way back from the boot, and it's less prone to noise pickup as there is about 10 meters less wire involved.

The DICE using is exactly the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, that's your best bet. I think EAS are the only company that do the radio interface, they may get them made up specially, they have a very close relationship with DICE. Tom at EAS used to work for Dension in the US (who made the original ICE->Link) Dension USA closed down for some reason and most of the guys setup DICE with Tom setting up EAS.

The radio interface is better for the Business head unit anyway, even if you do have the CD Changer connections, it's easier to install as there is no wire coming all the way back from the boot, and it's less prone to noise pickup as there is about 10 meters less wire involved.

The DICE using is exactly the same.
Thanks!
Yes, only EAS made radio interface, I'm already send mail to [email protected], so it should work fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts