BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys couple questions here

When using carly on parameters where can I monitor the alternator voltage, if you can, and when you log a parameter how do you look back at it after you stop monitoring?

Also when braking I have the steering wheel shake, I know this generally is warped discs but could it be anything else? How do you tell if got warped discs?

Was braking earlier and the steering wheel was rather violent, worse ever felt it no chance in holding it stable

Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
With regards to steering wheel shake.

Have the front disks checked for run out, also check the front arm bushings haven’t gone south.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don’t believe they’re low, not sure on the bushes haven’t check but also been told that could be them by others will need to check them

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys couple questions here

When using carly on parameters where can I monitor the alternator voltage, if you can, and when you log a parameter how do you look back at it after you stop monitoring?

Also when braking I have the steering wheel shake, I know this generally is warped discs

but could it be anything else? How do you tell if got warped discs?

Was braking earlier and the steering wheel was rather violent, worse ever felt it no chance in holding it stable

Thanks
Hi mate,

I'm not saying this is the solution , but I once had the same problem with the steering wheel and I solved it by changing the brake fluid. Mine was really old and wasn't changed in more than 3 years . Bought the car like that .

·
Registered
376 Posts
Good chance it's the front control arms, once worn the wheel can move an inch or so under braking.. At higher speeds the wheel will wobble back an n forth very fast causing the steering wheel to shake.

Do as the guy does in the video below to see if it may be the bushes.

https://youtu.be/83Pw3V8pMeI

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
asa above,,i have a bit of shake,i did the same test as above 2 days ago..im booked into my garage i use to pinpoint it next tuesday..i new some bush had gone as when i go over rough ground or speedhumps..it makes a knocking sound,,could be more bushings/joints etc need replacing and will find out when up on a ramp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts