BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good cloth machine car wash in London? I don't trust many of these hand car wash places as they generally don't do a great job and the pressure washers they use are often too powerful for the paintwork.

I have no interest in standing outside with a bucket and sponge to wash my own car, I haven't done that for years.

Also, when using a machine car wash, should I be putting my car in park or neutral?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
The only one I have seen is at the Shell garage between Battersea Bridge and the Kings Road, think it may be Lots Road. It was recently closed (the site) for refurbishment so no idea if it’s still there, will have a look next time I pass it.

Re P or N, depends if you’re sitting in one or it’s the drag you through type (which I hate as it ruins the wheels if you get it wrong).

Your other option is to jet wash yourself at a garage and stand back so you don’t over do it. I know you said you don’t want to do it yourself but that may be a halfway house.

·
Registered
2013 BMW estoril blue f30 330d
1,112 Posts
Does anyone know a good cloth machine car wash in London? I don't trust many of these hand car wash places as they generally don't do a great job and the pressure washers they use are often too powerful for the paintwork.

I have no interest in standing outside with a bucket and sponge to wash my own car, I haven't done that for years.

Also, when using a machine car wash, should I be putting my car in park or neutral?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I don’t trust the machines as they tend to scratch up your paint.

Thought of getting in contact with a mobile detailer/valetor to come out to your bit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts