BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I came across the video below as my car has been stalling on Startup and I believe it is attributed to the MAF. I bought some mass air flow sensor cleaner, disconnected the sensor sprayed it clean, let it dry reconnected and Then followed his instructions in the video which pretty much mentions that if your car is running and you disconnect the sensor that the car should shut off. After putting in the clean sensor and starting the car and disconnecting the sensor the car is still running. Does this indicate a faulty sensor or does the video only apply to non BMW cars? Just curious as I want to know if the sensor needs to be fully replaced or not. This is on a 2009 323i sedan by the way. Also if the filter needs to be replaced would anybody know the typical price to replace it?

Here is a link to the video:

https://youtu.be/b4U_CGkS8ag

Thanks in advance to any responses to this question!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay great so his video doesn't apply to BMW it sounds like. On a side note cleaning the MAF definitely made a big difference no stalling on Startup for rough idling.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the problem with your car.
Unplugging it will only make the car revert to a default map.
See my last response. Stalling when starting up a lot of RPMs other times when first starting I actually have a video on the car struggling on Startup. And rough idling when stopped at traffic lights or in park.

·
Registered
17 Posts
this car in the video stalled because it was programmed so, usually engines keep running with no difference, others you fell the rpm went up and down, depends!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Okay so the car was running well since I cleaned the mass airflow sensor but today the car stalled again on Startup. The car stalling on Startup issues started after I changed my air filter so I assume cleaning the air flow sensor would resolve the issue but now it's stalling again. Is it ironic that it could be the battery or any other suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts